Get A Mommy Makeover in Fort Worth, TX. Over 30 years’ experience
Mommy makeovers are great for women who have done their best with diet and exercise, but struggle to get back to the body they had before pregnancy and childbirth. A mommy makeover combines liposuction in needed areas, excess skin removal, and smoothing the contours of the body to reverse the concerns created to pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. The plastic surgeons at Fort Worth Plastic Surgery customize each mommy makeover to fit the needs of each patient, but most include a combination of surgeries for the breast and abdomen. We encourage women to wait until they are finished with plans to have children since any future pregnancies will alter their results. However, a mommy makeover will not affect a woman’s ability to get pregnant in the future, so any surprise pregnancies can be treated with smaller “touch up” procedures.
The mommy makeover procedure is uniquely tailored to each patient depending on what area(s) they want to improve. In most cases, the breasts and abdomen are addressed together.
- Conditions caused by pregnancy: Loss of volume and/or breast tissue, stretch marks, sagging and/or drooping, excess skin (ptosis), breasts that have become too large.
- Surgeries to consider: Breast augmentation with implants, breast lift, breast augmentation with a lift, breast reduction surgery.
- Conditions caused by pregnancy: Excess fat and/or persistent bulge in the abdomen, sagging and loose skin, stretch marks and other unsightly skin irregularities.
- Surgeries to consider: Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), liposuction of the abdomen.
- Conditions caused by pregnancy: Sagging skin and excess fat in the buttocks, hips, and thighs.
- Surgeries to consider: Lower body lift including liposuction and skin tightening of the buttocks, hips, and thighs.
All mommy makeovers are performed under general anesthesia in an accredited surgical facility. Depending on how many techniques are combined, the surgery could last multiple hours. It is common for patients to have a short hospital stay with this surgery. Most women will require a full month to recover, but many will be able to return to work within 2 weeks. The results will reveal themselves in multiple stages as the breast implants settle into their natural placement and the incisions begin to heal. It generally takes a full year for all changes to make their final appearance.